EIBTM (www.eibtm.com) opens in Barcelona(18th – 20th November) and continues its concept innovations by enhancing its exhibitor programs, show floor or networking events, and providing new opportunities for Assocation Planners. With over 78,000 pre-scheduled appointments already confirmed and a record number of Hosted Buyer Group Coordinators, the biggest in the history of the show, will bring some of the world’s most senior buyers to this year’s event.
This years event provides a new focus on Meetings Design, highlighting the innovations and technology that make events and conferences more engaging and productive, improve learning and support networking with new Knowledge program themes.
EIBTM’s Knowledge Programme presents 70 sessions of innovative professional education focused on the business of meetings. Seminars, workshops and key note presentations in the conference centre and on the show floor, include research and trends as well as Technology, Meetings Design and engagement, and specific education for the exhibiting community.
EIBTM Innovation Zone features a new “Innovation in Action” theme with a multimedia showcase of leading meetings industry innovations as they are applied in real situations, providing global suppliers such as hotels or venues, the opportunity to present case studies around their innovative solutions to enhance the event participants’ experience and move the industry forward.
The Innovation Zone will showcase the top technological, social or design innovations demonstrating revolutionary solutions and applications that have the potential to transform the meetings, events and business tourism industry. Erica Keogan, Associations and Education Manager, IBTM Meetings & Events Portfolio, commented: “Whilst the subject of meetings design is current, we are bringing the FRESH Conference to the stage at EIBTM with topics covering participant engagement and interaction, exploring meeting formats, meetings design, technology, innovation and best practice. The emphasis will be on giving meeting planners ideas, inspiration and the tools to elevate their meetings and keep up with future trends.”
Some of the leading technologies being presented are –
- Sli.do (www.sli.do), a platform for live events that makes it easy for anyone in the audience to ask questions and vote on live polls via their devices.
- Social Tables (www.socialtables.com), cloud-based hospitality software that positions venues to work more collaboratively and efficiently with their event and meetings customers.
- Time2® (www.time2.mobi), enables professionals at event or on the move to connect more efficiently and increase their networking opportunities.
- Centium Software’s EventsAir (www.eventsair.com), a cloud-based solution for events offering tools such as real-time run sheets, budget forecasting, reporting, analytics.
- Init Live (www.initlive.com), a cloud-based system includes a web service and a free mobile device app providing event planners and event staff with a real-time communication system.
- Showslice (www.showslice.com), an online platform where organizers of large meetings can communicate and coordinate infrastructure costs.
- Slidebox (www.slidebox.nl) services for speakers to manage their presentations and share their knowledge with their audience.
Included in the FRESH Track sessions are – “Exploring Meeting Formats: The Course of Meetings Design” which will be led by Rosa Garriga Mora, Meeting Design & ROI consultant; Thorben Grosser, General Manager for EventMobi in Europe; Maarten Vanneste, award-winner and President of the Meetings Design Institute; and Menno Pleij, Owner and Founder of Slidebox.
Thorben Grosser commented: “Meetings Design is about teaching planners what tools are out there, and how to use them. We are excited to give event organisers practical examples on how they can improve their meetings and ROI while making them more engaging and educational.”